1. Story Guiding Questions Is the story focused with a clear main idea? Is it tightly woven and skillfully crafted? Does it present a way of life to investigate? Does [... MORE]
About StoryL65RzpT3AThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far StoryL65RzpT3A has created 13 blog entries.
2. Episodes and Key Questions Guiding Questions Episodes Do coherent episodes frame the story structure? (setting, characters, daily rhythms/rules, incidents, and culmination) Do they provide a logical progression and narrative [... MORE]
3. Setting Guiding Questions Does the teacher have a vision for the setting that incorporates the basic framework for story development, yet is open-ended enough for student input and ownership? [... MORE]
4. Characters Guiding Questions Has the teacher selected one of the following types of characters to best fit the Storyline? fictitious characters that the students create and develop characters playing [... MORE]
5. Rhythms and Rules Guiding Questions Rhythms Have students built background about the daily lives of their characters through research, discussion and practical activities? Have students envisioned their characterʼs way [... MORE]
6. Incidents Guiding Questions Are the incidents real problems to be solved? Are the incidents relevant to the story? Are problems clearly defined? Are key questions used to determine what [... MORE]
7. Culmination Guiding Questions Is the culmination a special event? Does it brings the topic to a satisfying conclusion? Is it a natural ending to the story? Does either the [... MORE]
8. Reflection and Assessment Guiding Questions Reflection Is the activity/reflection theory of learning used throughout the Storyline? Is it a natural part of the topic work? Does reflection involve the [... MORE]
9. Activities and Groupings Guiding Questions Activities Has the teacher selected activities that blend naturally with the story and enhance it? Are the activities of high quality and motivating for [... MORE]
10. Curriculum Guiding Questions Is the curriculum covered in a highly creative and meaningful way within the story? Is the content organized using the story as the cement between curricular [... MORE]